If you’d like to increase your fan base and have more people accessing your music, then you should consider search engine optimization (SEO) for your music business.
SEO is a marketing strategy aimed at boosting traffic to your website via organic search results.
Is it essential to bands and musicians? Yes, it is, and for two primary reasons:
- It allows people who love your music to find your website by searching for you in search engines.
- It increases the chances of people who may like your type of music to come across you after searching for your brand.
In other words, it’s about using the right SEO techniques to make your music discoverable on Google. Here’s how to go about it:
Start and Optimize a YouTube Channel
YouTube is a gem for all artists. It’s where most people go when searching for their favorite music. Specifically, you need a YouTube channel for your music because:
- It’s the number one search engine for all music fans.
- Most artists have used YouTube to build their careers.
- Younger music fans use YouTube as their top listening platform.
- Creating engaging music videos is by far the most effective way to beam your personality and brand into people’s eyes, ears, and imagination.
- You can monetize your music through YouTube’s large ad-revenue.